Carlo's Ships in a Bottle

 

Carlo finishing the brigantine "Beagle"


My name is Carlo Cogoni. I was born in Domusnovas, a small town in the south of Sardinia, in 1955. My training took place at the artistic college in Cagliari, with a passion for drawing, sculpture and many other related areas.

When I was a boy I saw a ship in a bottle and that mystery fascinated me. So I decided to test myself, I did one and it gave me a lot of satisfaction.

I was about 17 years old. since then, when I had some free time, I continued to make other boats in bottles. After my wedding I left for Holland with the aim of visiting my brothers. There I met a dealer in antique nautical objects and much more. He heard about my passion for nautical modeling, including boats in bottles, and asked me if I wanted to work for him, restoring old nautical objects and making boats in bottles that he sold all over the world.

I have been part of the company "Authentic Shipmodels Amsterdam", founded by Haring Piebenga, since then. Today, more than a dozen of my bottled works are in the Netherlands, at the Flessensheepjes Museum in Enkhuizen.

Now that I'm retired I'm going to try to complete my private collection with some models that I haven't made yet.



Santa Maria



Pinta



Niña


Bloemstraat 191, Amsterdam. The building where I worked and which I put in a bottle



Captain in a bottle. Realization in the 70s
I was young, 23 years old, before I put a ship in a bottle.


German School Ship "Gorch Fock" in a bottle


Sinking of the Titanic, 1912


Transantlantic “Eugenio Costa”


Transantlantic "Duilio"


The building where I worked is on display in the bottled ship museum in Enkhuizen Netherlands



Nativity of Christ


Construction phase of the galleon "Fluit"


Galleon "Fluit" finished

Schooner "América", 1851- 5 liter bottle




Schooner "America" in lamp


Brigantine Beagle, 1817, finished


Miniature sailboats


"Bounty", 1789


Brigantine "Belém", France


School Ship "Sedov", Russia




Viking vessel, Drakkar, 1042, in bottle.



Dutch Zeeuwse Poon boat and detail. In this museum of ships in bottles, there are more than a dozen of my works.


Thanks so much, Carlo!

...


Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Matthias Buchinger, the first one!

Gerard Gauvin's "Calypso"